napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Training Problems, Tips

JeffFran

I would like to salute everyone out there since you have been great help in many topics.

My arms were and still are a major weak body part... My legs are very good I must say but my arms are very small.
I have left the ego lifting for about a year and I try to contract the muscle that I am working on.
But my arms didn't grow for more than a year.

My back is quite good, my chest and shoulders are ok but not great but my arms are really behind everything else.
I do not know If I should train them more often but with a high rep range and focus on putting blood into the muscle instead of breaking down the muscle fibers.

Any tips would be great

A little more info would help.... are you talking arms like breadsticks?? What is small to you? 14, 16 18 inches??.... I have very stubborn bi ceps myself.... But my triceps take up lot of my arm size..... Are you talking both bi and tri's are lacking or just the front?

It's genetics man, you're a tall looking, slender type of build. Legs grow, they're strong and if you train them growth is imminent. As for your upper body it will take a while for you to grow some visibly improved muscle mass. Might not be the news you were looking for, but seriously I feel with your build you need a solid year of hard training to see some improvement.

A little more info would help.... are you talking arms like breadsticks?? What is small to you? 14, 16 18 inches??.... I have very stubborn bi ceps myself.... But my triceps take up lot of my arm size..... Are you talking both bi and tri's are lacking or just the front?

He's pretty linky and honestly is seeking improvement every couple of months. Always posting similar stuff, he just needs time and nutrition basics.

I would like to salute everyone out there since you have been great help in many topics.

My arms were and still are a major weak body part... My legs are very good I must say but my arms are very small.
I have left the ego lifting for about a year and I try to contract the muscle that I am working on.
But my arms didn't grow for more than a year.

My back is quite good, my chest and shoulders are ok but not great but my arms are really behind everything else.
I do not know If I should train them more often but with a high rep range and focus on putting blood into the muscle instead of breaking down the muscle fibers.

Any tips would be great

Unfortunately genetics do that to us, and people will have body parts that lag that you will really have to work the hell out of to get some good growth on them.

I'd recommend adding in extra work for your arms to stimulate growth.stay away from foo foo exercise like isolation curls, etc and concentrate more on heavier lifts. Use progressive overload and try to always increase your workload by increasing reps or weight

My arms are 12.71inches so yeah they are very small bro
My triceps I guess...

It's genetics man, you're a tall looking, slender type of build. Legs grow, they're strong and if you train them growth is imminent. As for your upper body it will take a while for you to grow some visibly improved muscle mass. Might not be the news you were looking for, but seriously I feel with your build you need a solid year of hard training to see some improvement.

I might not have the best genetics but that doesn't mean I must be small minded , I must have perseverance and never give up. However, I am not sure if my training regime and rep ranges it's bad for my genetics since it varies from a individual to another

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

My arms are 12.71inches so yeah they are very small bro
My triceps I guess...

Just keep hitting them hard man. The growth will come I promise you. You just have to give it time and be patient. This is a very long process.

He's pretty linky and honestly is seeking improvement every couple of months. Always posting similar stuff, he just needs time and nutrition basics.

I have far more nutrition knowledge than 90% of people. Diet ain't the issue . Around 2g of protein per day, 1.5g carbs with clean food. I don't eat junk for several months

Unfortunately genetics do that to us, and people will have body parts that lag that you will really have to work the hell out of to get some good growth on them.

I'd recommend adding in extra work for your arms to stimulate growth.stay away from foo foo exercise like isolation curls, etc and concentrate more on heavier lifts. Use progressive overload and try to always increase your workload by increasing reps or weight

I train them twice a week alongside with back or chest , around 10 sets per session not sure if I must change it

Just keep hitting them hard man. The growth will come I promise you. You just have to give it time and be patient. This is a very long process.

When you hit a plateau you changed your rep range?

I train them twice a week alongside with back or chest , around 10 sets per session not sure if I must change it

Like RR and Gearhead were saying... you have to hit them hard... try some close grip bench for the triceps... get a weight on the bench that you can do like 30 reps.... then go slow and concentrate on the pinch up top.... but twice a week in my opinion is not enough.... try an experiment.... This has worked for me.... if possible ... blast your arms everyday.. for like 10 days.... no mercy.... then give them a rest for 4 or 5 days and see if they moved ... I'm not recommending this as a normal routine... just to see if your arms respond or just stay rebellious to growth....

Like RR and Gearhead were saying... you have to hit them hard... try some close grip bench for the triceps... get a weight on the bench that you can do like 30 reps.... then go slow and concentrate on the pinch up top.... but twice a week in my opinion is not enough.... try an experiment.... This has worked for me.... if possible ... blast your arms everyday.. for like 10 days.... no mercy.... then give them a rest for 4 or 5 days and see if they moved ... I'm not recommending this as a normal routine... just to see if your arms respond or just stay rebellious to growth....

That seem some rock solid advice
I have always been scared of hitting them too frequently cause of overtraining but that might have been the issue on the first place

My current routine is:
Monday: chest, triceps and front and side delt
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: Back, bicep, rear delt
Thursday: rest
Friday: Same as Monday
Saturday: legs and cardio
Sunday: same as Wednesday

I'm not sure how can I add some extra arm training since I need Tuesday and Thursday as rest days because of college

That seem some rock solid advice
I have always been scared of hitting them too frequently cause of overtraining but that might have been the issue on the first place

My current routine is:
Monday: chest, triceps and front and side delt
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: Back, bicep, rear delt
Thursday: rest
Friday: Same as Monday
Saturday: legs and cardio
Sunday: same as Wednesday

I'm not sure how can I add some extra arm training since I need Tuesday and Thursday as rest days because of college

Not sure how to advise on the gym availability... I guess its how bad you want it.... But just like the big boys were saying... Time and training bro... Millage.... I bet RR,AA,GH,DG.. put in some Millage in the gym!!!! No other way..... ITS HARD WORK AND PERSEVERANCE, INNOVATION AND COMPLETE DEDICATION....

Not sure how to advise on the gym availability... I guess its how bad you want it.... But just like the big boys were saying... Time and training bro... Millage.... I bet RR,AA,GH,DG.. put in some Millage in the gym!!!! No other way..... ITS HARD WORK AND PERSEVERANCE, INNOVATION AND COMPLETE DEDICATION....

I was wondering and seriously thinking doing : chest and arms (2x a week) and chest and arms(2x) so I would train bicep and triceps 3x a week. Triceps on : Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Biceps on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

I might not have the best genetics but that doesn't mean I must be small minded , I must have perseverance and never give up. However, I am not sure if my training regime and rep ranges it's bad for my genetics since it varies from a individual to another

Did I say you were small minded? Don't go getting sensitive, I said if I were you I would put a solid year of good training in to see a noticeable change. When you ask for help, you're not always going to be coddled bro. I remember your pics, you having a trainer, your wanting to compete in men's physique... everything. I remember your issues with nutrition as well. My advice was solid and when you quit expecting quick and fast results and invest the time into this you'll begin to realize your goals. Your genetics are a huge part of it, nobody said to give up. I only ask that you be realistic on your timeline of expectations. So please don't go playing on words with me, anything is possible, IF you go about it right. You're just not going about it right presently.

Last edited:
I was wondering and seriously thinking doing : chest and arms (2x a week) and chest and arms(2x) so I would train bicep and triceps 3x a week. Triceps on : Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Biceps on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday

Dude, quit guessing. Training your biceps and triceps (both small muscle groups) 3x a week in addition to what they do on back and chest/shoulders days is overkill. You're coming off like you have no idea on how to train at all. Seriously.
1. do compound exercises- you're to small to be worried about detailed individual muscles.
2. Eat like a horse because you need size before anything else will happen
3. invest in a bodybuilding book with beginner routines. Follow those routines, you are not an intermediate lifter, nor advanced.
4. Quit expecting visible change so quickly, the way real muscle works is that it creeps up on you and then one day someone else tells you you're jacked because you'll never see it if done right.

Did I say you were small minded? Don't go getting sensitive, I said if I were you I would put a solid year of good training in to see a noticeable change. When you ask for help, you're not always going to be coddled bro. I remember your pics, you having a trainer, your wanting to compete in men's physique... everything. I remember your issues with nutrition as well. My advice was solid and when you quit expecting quick and fast results and invest the time into this you'll begin to realize your goals. Your genetics are a huge part of it, nobody said to give up. I only ask that you be realistic on your timeline of expectations. So please don't go playing on words with me, anything is possible, IF you go about it right. You're just not going about it right presently.

I misinterperted your words. It seemed you were trying to say another thing so it's my bad and bad interpretation, my bad. But I admire how can you remember all those things because we have so much members in this forum so I am happy with that.
My nutrition was never bad at all, as I said my protein is between 1.5-2g per pound of bodyweight and they are all clean sources whether it is protein or carbs.
Well I am not looking for fast fast results but I know that my results and progress are very slow comparing with other people. They don't have a solid nutrition and they lack knowledge in so many aspects and they look so much better than I... I must say that it's quite annoying. I started working out to look good and feel good with myself since my self-esteem was quite low and it annoys me that with all my effort I don't have the results that many have with less effort than me.

Dude, quit guessing. Training your biceps and triceps (both small muscle groups) 3x a week in addition to what they do on back and chest/shoulders days is overkill. You're coming off like you have no idea on how to train at all. Seriously.
1. do compound exercises- you're to small to be worried about detailed individual muscles.
2. Eat like a horse because you need size before anything else will happen
3. invest in a bodybuilding book with beginner routines. Follow those routines, you are not an intermediate lifter, nor advanced.
4. Quit expecting visible change so quickly, the way real muscle works is that it creeps up on you and then one day someone else tells you you're jacked because you'll never see it if done right.

It's easy to say when we are not in that road. I have been training pretty solid hitting arms 1 or 2 times per week since I begin lifting. I have done that regime for so long and the results I have got from doing that weren't good. So I was thinking that I should do something different. " If you keep doing what you have always done, you will keep getting what you have always gotten" therefore I must do something different. That was the reason why I asked If I should change something.
Not to be unpolite but I have much knowledge about training. But since the regime I have done did not bring me good results or even solid results something need to change.
I have always done compound exercices in the end of my workout I do some isolate movements but not much.

I misinterperted your words. It seemed you were trying to say another thing so it's my bad and bad interpretation, my bad. But I admire how can you remember all those things because we have so much members in this forum so I am happy with that.
My nutrition was never bad at all, as I said my protein is between 1.5-2g per pound of bodyweight and they are all clean sources whether it is protein or carbs.
Well I am not looking for fast fast results but I know that my results and progress are very slow comparing with other people. They don't have a solid nutrition and they lack knowledge in so many aspects and they look so much better than I... I must say that it's quite annoying. I started working out to look good and feel good with myself since my self-esteem was quite low and it annoys me that with all my effort I don't have the results that many have with less effort than me.

Jeff ...... You have to find yourself bro.... only you can do this....... no one can tell you ..... just lift and enjoy.... its exactly like GH stated so clearly....... 4. Quit expecting visible change so quickly, the way real muscle works is that it creeps up on you and then one day someone else tells you you're jacked because you'll never see it if done right.........

Top Bottom