napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

The benefits of steady state cardio: A new video by Dylan Gemelli

This is a great topic that I'm pretty passionate about. I stress the importance of regular cardio, and I personally hit steady state cardio 3-4 times per week at 30-45 minutes per session

Fantastic video brother. You started to get at a great point in #5. The fact that you love doing the cardio..... Everyone has a shitty workout or cardio session now and then and just the same we all have a complete beast mode workout too. So much of this game is mental. If you are doing something you enjoy it will carry with you throughout the day. You will feel great, not cheat on your diet and just be all around confident. Personally I know my favourite time of year to do steady state cardio is just as spring time is starting. I will go out very early in the morning for a nice run and just soak in the sights around me. As you said....the best plan is the one you stick to. HIIT is very effective but steady state cardio is not to be forgotten!

#1 makes so much sense as far as recovery. #2 I see this so often when people are doing things wrong. #3 I've been debating for a future cut. #4 At my height and weight this is something I need to improve. #5 Sticking with it... I know the fat burning and muscle keeping benefits of sprints, but honestly it's a challenge for bigger guys. I've managed to get on the elliptical and tune in a show and an hour has passed by to my amazement. Right now too much cardio is not on my agenda, but it is necessary for keeping my health and bf% in check. Great video, solid points bro.

Fantastic video brother. You started to get at a great point in #5. The fact that you love doing the cardio..... Everyone has a shitty workout or cardio session now and then and just the same we all have a complete beast mode workout too. So much of this game is mental. If you are doing something you enjoy it will carry with you throughout the day. You will feel great, not cheat on your diet and just be all around confident. Personally I know my favourite time of year to do steady state cardio is just as spring time is starting. I will go out very early in the morning for a nice run and just soak in the sights around me. As you said....the best plan is the one you stick to. HIIT is very effective but steady state cardio is not to be forgotten!

absolutely bro... im teling you, i wake up in the morning and i cant wait to start cardio and my entire day is a MILLION times more productive when i start the day like that... plus, i get the chance to actually watch all the sports games or shows that i have on my dvr and also read my daily bible readings... however i end up on the phone with business half the time and dont even realize i had been going half the time already.... it takes both steady state and HIIT to really get everything out of it but to be honest, steady state is the backbone.. you need endurance for everything you do.. its just something people dont like because its hard for them to stay focused continuously that long but the benefits always show

#1 makes so much sense as far as recovery. #2 I see this so often when people are doing things wrong. #3 I've been debating for a future cut. #4 At my height and weight this is something I need to improve. #5 Sticking with it... I know the fat burning and muscle keeping benefits of sprints, but honestly it's a challenge for bigger guys. I've managed to get on the elliptical and tune in a show and an hour has passed by to my amazement. Right now too much cardio is not on my agenda, but it is necessary for keeping my health and bf% in check. Great video, solid points bro.

i appreciate it bro... if your getting your steady state in as a bigger guy, that's the most important... yes, HIIT is very important but steady state is key here... it adds so much to everything you do and the more you do it, the better you feel and the bigger the results...

This is one of the best videos out. What makes me mad is that the ppl who say cardio will hinder muscle gains is asinine. It does the total opposite logic is if you have more endurance you can go longer in the weight room and recovery is key to growth besides being in a caloric surplus. Thank you for this video.

This is one of the best videos out. What makes me mad is that the ppl who say cardio will hinder muscle gains is asinine. It does the total opposite logic is if you have more endurance you can go longer in the weight room and recovery is key to growth besides being in a caloric surplus. Thank you for this video.

my sentiments exactly.. that shit just goes in one ear and out the other because its a typical meaningless broscience way of thinking... you have any sort of grasp on diets, manipulation to the circumstances etc. then you would know that its actually a help to muscle growth in several growths... if you are clueless on this, THEN you might have some muscle loss because of lack of knowledge and understanding or just lack of care but my belief is someone putting in a lot of time on cardio cares quite a bit... its just an understanding of HOW to do it...

my sentiments exactly.. that shit just goes in one ear and out the other because its a typical meaningless broscience way of thinking... you have any sort of grasp on diets, manipulation to the circumstances etc. then you would know that its actually a help to muscle growth in several growths... if you are clueless on this, THEN you might have some muscle loss because of lack of knowledge and understanding or just lack of care but my belief is someone putting in a lot of time on cardio cares quite a bit... its just an understanding of HOW to do it...
Yeah brother you are the man

i appreciate it bro... if your getting your steady state in as a bigger guy, that's the most important... yes, HIIT is very important but steady state is key here... it adds so much to everything you do and the more you do it, the better you feel and the bigger the results...

Definitely going to give this a go by implementing more and more of it, I need improved cardio to reduce stress on my body anyways and steady state is definitely IMO big guy friendly. Gonna try and do it 3x week here on out.

Definitely going to give this a go by implementing more and more of it, I need improved cardio to reduce stress on my body anyways and steady state is definitely IMO big guy friendly. Gonna try and do it 3x week here on out.

brother, your going to notice a very large difference, just wait... watch how much it will improve your mood, and especially when you start your day with it, you feel so much more productive and energized and your just in a far better mood... watch, and then when you get that feeling, you want it every day and so you tend to stick with it and then it just becomes a normal routine... trust me, you have extremely high capabilities and while it may seem like a lot, and it is, it does not feel that way when you develop a routine with it...

brother, your going to notice a very large difference, just wait... watch how much it will improve your mood, and especially when you start your day with it, you feel so much more productive and energized and your just in a far better mood... watch, and then when you get that feeling, you want it every day and so you tend to stick with it and then it just becomes a normal routine... trust me, you have extremely high capabilities and while it may seem like a lot, and it is, it does not feel that way when you develop a routine with it...

Hey brother gonna start tomorrow with an hour on the eliptical before I train to ensure I don't have an excuse not to do it like being beat post workout.

you just need to stop spending so much time in front of mirror. ;-p at least wear cute bikini or something

you just need to stop spending so much time in front of mirror. ;-p at least wear cute bikini or something

My baby is baaaaaaaack!!!! HYU tomorrow time permitting, tired as hell w/ a headache. Wish you were here to rub my temples.

Really good video Dylan. I actually really enjoy steady state and like you said.. Its a much more sustainable habit compared when being compared to HIIT.

I actually get high from all the endorphins being released.

Question- let's say you have an hour only and you want to recomp.

Is it more advantageous to lift that entire hour? OR.. Do cardio for an hour? OR choose what day you dedicate a full hour of lifting and cardio?

I can workout 6-7 times a week, but the amount of time spent is usually the challenge(1 hour tops).. Just don't have the bandwidth to go over an hour. Sometimes I'll lift for 30min and do Cardio the last 30min too. Just looking for the best frequency I suppose.

Really good video Dylan. I actually really enjoy steady state and like you said.. Its a much more sustainable habit compared when being compared to HIIT.

I actually get high from all the endorphins being released.

Question- let's say you have an hour only and you want to recomp.

Is it more advantageous to lift that entire hour? OR.. Do cardio for an hour? OR choose what day you dedicate a full hour of lifting and cardio?

I can workout 6-7 times a week, but the amount of time spent is usually the challenge(1 hour tops).. Just don't have the bandwidth to go over an hour. Sometimes I'll lift for 30min and do Cardio the last 30min too. Just looking for the best frequency I suppose.

since your recomping, 30 minutes of cardio may be sufficient but not so sufficient on lifting... you should never be lifting longer than an hour... if you are, then you are either talking to much or taking too much time in between sets.. granted, when your lifting heavier you need a bit more time in between sets but generally, 30-45 second or on very heavy lifts, 1:30 but i see people in there for nearly 2 hours yet they are actually doing something 30-40 minutes... you should be going hard as fuck, start to finish... i just wish more attempted to get as much as they could out of every workout they have...

i would separate my cardio days or try to get up earlier and hit cardio etc... you don't want to short change either workout...

That's what I'm thinking. I didn't want to get up earlier but two a days will get me right to where I need to be real quick. morning runs, after accumulating, really starts my day off on a positive note. I enjoy cardio just as much as I like to lift. Time is my biggest challenge

It's 3:30am and I just got back from the gym doing an hour of cardio on the elliptical since it was an off day and despite the time I feel refreshed and am looking forward to getting in some deep sleep. This time won't be my norm, but my son had woke me up earlier and I was wide awake afterwards so I decided to do something constructive. I feel great lol, weird to say that about cardio, but true!

Top Bottom