napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Loosening fascia

Christmas

My arms and other areas are getting really tight when I exercise, enough to cause a bit of pain (not from the muscle itself). I’m guessing it’s from the fascia or skin or something. Are there solutions for this or just bear through it and fixes itself?

Couple things about facia:
To optimize health, pain management and injury avoidance, fascia must be well-hydrated. If we always move in familiar patterns, fascia molds and secures itself into those repeated patterns (even more so if there is insufficient water available). Fascia can be released best with hands-on manual therapy for the quickest results (from you or a trained professional), or through stretch-and-hold techniques. There are plenty of examples online of proper stretches that help. I prefer to go to a massage therapist but that requires money. Also, the tightness could be from something else (i.e. what you are taking). I don't have all the answers but I hope this helps.

LVX

For massage, are there tools that can help make the one giving the massage penetrate deeper if they aren’t very strong?
My wife isn’t strong enough to use hands on me, so she walks on me, but that’s mostly for my back. Other areas like arms and legs it’s not the best.
I had a massage at a company I did work for (I’m a consultant), and I was the only person the massage therapist couldn’t seem to have any effect on: I didn’t feel any different than before she started, like she couldn’t affect beyond the surface.

Foam roller and the yellow practice softball- can’t remember what kind of ball that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foam roller and the yellow practice softball- can’t remember what kind of ball that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow softball is my favorite go to. Never had to use it on arms but I'm sure you can make it work.

A lacrosse ball is great for getting into places that a foam roller can't. I've recently been using one for just behind my elbow on the triceps and forearms (elbow issues). I set it on a bench, kneel in front of it and let the weight of my arm drive it in and slowly roll it around until things start to release. You can do this for 5-10 minutes or just a couple. I don't suggest doing it pre-workout unless they're really stiff and if you do, be gentle haha (I prefer dynamic stretching (non-static) before and rolling/static stretching afterward, but everyone is different). These lacrosse balls, yellow balls etcs. can get into places in your hips that a foam roller can't, they're brutal. I'm huge on foam rolling, so definitely biased here. It can help with a lot of things, especially fascia work if massage therapy isn't an option.

Should be extreme stretching with some good 30-60 holds under resistance after working each body part in my opinion. I did this religiously while I was doing DC training especially. Look up extreme fascia stretching and you'll see what I mean

Agreed, Rick. If you're only going to half ass a stretch for under 20 seconds, don't bother. I did that for years and once I started actually holding the stretches I saw the true benefits. Everything before that was a waste of time.

Agreed, Rick. If you're only going to half ass a stretch for under 20 seconds, don't bother. I did that for years and once I started actually holding the stretches I saw the true benefits. Everything before that was a waste of time.
Absolutely bro. Like I tell others on it, if the stretch doesn't hurt like a mother fucker, you're doing it wrong. Either you're stretch isn't far enough or you aren't using enough resistance ....and you need to hold that for 30 seconds minimum lol. It should take everything you have to hold that stretch for the time

Absolutely bro. Like I tell others on it, if the stretch doesn't hurt like a mother fucker, you're doing it wrong. Either you're stretch isn't far enough or you aren't using enough resistance ....and you need to hold that for 30 seconds minimum lol. It should take everything you have to hold that stretch for the time

I like to hold for 60 sec. Also, doing some research for correct stretches is important also. There are some stretches out there that many people recommend but are actually incorrect for the muscle group and/or can stress joints.

Top Bottom