napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

“why do you do” think about it for a moment...

Vision

PuritySourceLabs Team Supervisor
“why do you do it”?

Why do you do it, when did all-start where you caught the gym bug?
Don’t tell us what we want to hear, be honest with yourself and tell us why do you do it? (Specifics, the gear, the excessive dieting, killer sessions or even multiple sessions daily, everything under the bodybuilding/fitness Spectrum)
How old were you when you caught the gym bug? And was there some sort of influence, a person, an iconic role model, was it a sport you played or even the military?

In high school for me lifting for sports I realized I liked lifting and being strong and it just stuck with me. I didn't start using PEDs until I hit my 40s though (as i started to experience lower natural testosterone levels I figured what's the harm now).

Around 19 yo I caught it. Strictly vanity at that time. Fast forward to today, and after yrs of if opiate drug abuse, it became much more. Yes the vanity is there still, but it is now my high. The rushof a PR or killer session. discipline required to be consistent with meals and training. Hell, the way my wife looks at me now. The structure of it all keeps my potential junkie ass on track. The comraderie at the gym. I love it all and most importantly its potentially keeping me alive!!! Only started using gear barely over a yr ago just fyi and everything I said [emoji121] up there came first and is what really keeps me goin.

i caught it when i was 11.. thats when my dad really got me into lifting weights etc.. when i was 4 he had a full boxing set up in the gym and we had hulk hogan posters on the wall of workout programs so thats when it really started.. i was a four sport athlete in high school but i wasn't really in the gym until about 12-13 when i was starting high school sports... i was always in the weight room there before my dad started sending me to the gym... i never needed any other influence from anyone... i wanted it that bad from the moment i started... i dont go to others for motivation... im blessed with the fact ive just always internally had it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good feedback guys....

everyone has a story, I love hearing different stories..

the high school gym, WOW,, what memories Dylan.. Man that brought me back a bit... and to think, we had NOO clue how deep the rabbit hole got.. yet we had the fire that was burning, and unquenchable thirst or desire if you will..

I caught it late in life.
I was in track from elementary through high school. Set a bunch of records at my school in Vegas and did well but not world class. High jump, long jump and hurdles.
You want the truth. Hold on it’s funny.
I was skinny. I mean zero muscle from waist up.
However I hade huge legs. I road a unicycle every day from 6- 18.
Even road a six foot tall one from 13-18. They are a constant pedal device. So no rest. Just constant leg work. Great for thighs.
Broke my knee at 20. 6 months In a cast. Lost 50percent muscle in the thighs.
Chicken legs ever since.
Didnt get back at till 45. Got hurt again. Back to the dad body.
2 years ago in a bad accident. Realized I have a drinking problem. 53 now. Sober 100percent 2 years.
When I quite drinking I lost a bunch of weight. One day looked in the mirror and saw abs. I have an addictive personality. So since no more drinking I need something new to be addicted too.
Boom here I am now at the gym 5 days a week.
Best I have ever looked and felt.
Wish I had started earlier in life.

I was in track from elementary through high school. Set a bunch of records at my school in Vegas and did well but not world class. High jump, long jump and hurdles.
Even road a six foot tall one from 13-18. They are a constant pedal device. So no rest. Just constant leg work. Great for thighs.
Chicken legs ever since.
2 years ago in a bad accident. Realized I have a drinking problem. 53 now. Sober 100percent 2 years.
When I quite drinking I lost a bunch of weight. One day looked in the mirror and saw abs. I have an addictive personality. So since no more drinking I need something new to be addicted too.
Man, that's bad ass though.. having records is legit man, super cool!

BTW, you're not late you were just busy smashing demons, you just had some things to straighten out before you came to kick ass and take names. Kudo's to you, you're here now so that's whats up!!

FYI.. I'm a friend of Bill W's... if you need anything, my PM's are open brutha :)

Chicken legs ever since.
Hell yea brother!!! Almost 3 clean for me.

3 is awesome.
Don’t let me catch you!
I thought I was a lifer with a bottle in hand.
Man am I glad to be wrong for once.
First year was rough.
Now I got this shit.
Demons ain’t got shit on my hard headed ness.
Hell I spent 5 years on meth in my twenties. Then stopped that cold turkey. Never looked back.
Figured out how stupid that was.
I might be a slow learner but eventually I figure stuff out.
Ha ha.

When I was just a small kid, I'd see my mom dating bodybuilders and I thought it was cool. I'd go to the library and check-out books on weightlifting and all kinds of other sports. I sat in waiting rooms a lot as a kid reading Sports Illustrated because my mom saw Dr.'s often. Plus I was really skinny, and had really big feet. So I always wanted to build my body into something. After high school is when I started lifting more seriously at gyms with buddies. I worked out on and off while going to college and moving all over the country and focusing on my career a lot. A couple years ago, I got consistent, more knowledgable, and disciplined and love it. It's a positive thing for extremists, as mentioned before. A couple times a week, I work out with a buddy (only one workout partner at a time), and the rest of the time solo- I enjoy the solo time, and getting a chance to hang with a few old friends

Last edited:
I started getting into weight lifting when I was 13 my parents bought my first bench set at 14 for Christmas lol. I had a big problem with sleeping when I was younger and anxiety and would lift weight and excersise in my room when everyone was asleep. The gym has always been a place to relive myself of stress and anxiety I don’t go there to socailaize and I hate what gym have become now and days. My first supplemtne I tried was No2 Black by MRI-perdormance and I was 18.

Great stories here guys.. I love reading and hearing from others and how they became hooked on this way of life!

It is inspiring to read how folks turn their adversities into positive actions.
We are all completely different yet similar.
Good job folks!!!

Well, I started lifting because I was very skinny as a kid. I was the brunt of my father's jokes and others. One day I saw some bodybuilder jogging around the neighborhood. He was jacked and I'd never seen anyone look like that before. I started to buy bodybuilding magazines and was amazed how big and cut these guys were Zane, Ferrigno, Arnold, Franco Nubret, etc. I had my parents buy me the typical home weight set and bench that I had in my bedroom. Started lifting around 13 yrs old. Never stopped.

Problem was I was so mentally addicted I felt like I could never miss a workout. Example: If I was legitimately sick I'd call in to work and tell them I couldn't make it in. I'd be laying in bed already contemplating how I was going to get to the gym. Fever, nauseous or whatever I would drag myself to the gym and do something. Anything. I'd just go light. If I didn't I felt like I was losing size. All in my head of course.

It was almost like a mental illness. I'd call in sick to work or school, and be legit sick, but would still go to the gym. That's what all the years of having my balls busted for being skinny did.

I started lifting when I was 13. 32 years ago. I was the skinniest and smallest kid in school. My dad got me started in our home gym. Being the underdog my whole childhood gave me the motivation I needed to be consistent and give me the drive to succeed. It helped me become successful in all aspects of my life. It gave me confidence. It made me secure. It made me happy. It made me who I am today. I wouldnt change it for the world

Top Bottom