napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

question

if your maintenance is 2500, subtract 500 and follow the macronutrient profiles recommended in the thread linked by maxxpursuit. then as the weeks go by play around with the numbers, if you're not losing weight you're eating either way to little (which i doubt) or too much (more common) than adjust your daily caloric intake accordingly

if your maintenance is 2500, subtract 500 and follow the macronutrient profiles recommended in the thread linked by maxxpursuit. then as the weeks go by play around with the numbers, if you're not losing weight you're eating either way to little (which i doubt) or too much (more common) than adjust your daily caloric intake accordingly

absolutely right... one thing to make sure to not do... do not under eat either... there's a fine line with going below maintenance and then going too far where it would stall your metabolism... you never want to be damn near starving... find your actual maintenance, start at 500 below and see how it goes... if your not burning, then your maintenance may be off, your diet may be flawed or your training is off where it should be...

i would be in the range of 55-60% protein, 30-35% carbs and 10-15% fats...

High protein and low carbs is ideal for fat loss. same with carb cycling (high carbs on heavy training days and low carb rest days)
Don't forget your body can only digest so much protein per sitting so with a high protein intake split it up through a lot of smaller shots throughout the day. rule of thumb is 0.25x body weight in lbs is what you can take in per hour. try not to go too far above that.

High protein and low carbs is ideal for fat loss. same with carb cycling (high carbs on heavy training days and low carb rest days)
Don't forget your body can only digest so much protein per sitting so with a high protein intake split it up through a lot of smaller shots throughout the day. rule of thumb is 0.25x body weight in lbs is what you can take in per hour. try not to go too far above that.

absolutely... thats one thing i always am aware of with protein intake... i eat smaller portions, but more times throughout the day in 2-3 hour splits... there's enough time to digest as the amounts are much smaller at a time...

Top Bottom