napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Can Whey Isolate cause blood sugar to drop?

Bigjucee

I recently switched from drinking whey concentrate to whey isolate and every time I drink my shake I get this weird feeling. It feels like my blood sugar drops and I feel slightly nauseous. Can it be because if how quickly the protein is being absorbed?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I recently switched from drinking whey concentrate to whey isolate and every time I drink my shake I get this weird feeling. It feels like my blood sugar drops and I feel slightly nauseous. Can it be because if how quickly the protein is being absorbed?

It can spike your insulin the same way a high glycemic carb can. I tend to stick with slower acting protein such as casein and it helps.

Because of the insulin spike, and the fact that it's a very fast acting protein...its entirely possible for tgis to drop blood sugar if you are a little prone to be hypoglycemic. What you can do is add a little bit of fast acting carbs when you have your whey isolate which should solve that.

Do you think fruit in my AM shake and Gatorade with post workout will be fine?

Do you think fruit in my AM shake and Gatorade with post workout will be fine?

Anytime your BG is low simple sugars will do the trick. Juice, fruit... Etc

It worked!!! With my post workout today I had a Gatorade and I felt fine. No nausea. Thanks for the suggestions....

Top Bottom