napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Elevated Blood Glucose

AUbeast86

I just got some blood results back. Everything was in the expected ranges except for my blood glucose. It was at 116mg/dL. I've never had blood glucose issues in the past. I just had bloods about 7 months ago and it was in the median range. The only difference is that I'm running MK677 now. Has MK677 been known to elevate blood glucose levels?

I know HGH definitely will so it's definitely possible with MK677. You should be monitoring your BG levels daily with these compounds. I had the same issues in the beginning with HGH so I bought a BG meter with the test strips. Try to avoid simple sugars unless you're running IGF-1 or anything that will lower your BG.

I know HGH definitely will so it's definitely possible with MK677. You should be monitoring your BG levels daily with these compounds. I had the same issues in the beginning with HGH so I bought a BG meter with the test strips. Try to avoid simple sugars.

Thanks for the input. I eat a low carb/high fat/high protein diet so how would I reduce the levels? This concerns me because one of my grandparents died with diabetes. If the MK677 is going to negatively affect my BGL and possibly activate some dormant genetic issue, I will stop taking it immediately.

I'm also am taking MK677 daily since 11/2/2017 and also show high glucose levels. I do IF and changed up my diet. My macros now 66 F 197 C 272 P. Going to get bloods done again later this month and see if things change.

Thanks for the input. I eat a low carb/high fat/high protein diet so how would I reduce the levels? This concerns me because one of my grandparents died with diabetes. If the MK677 is going to negatively affect my BGL and possibly activate some dormant genetic issue, I will stop taking it immediately.
Just keep monitoring it. If you're over 140 BG 2 hours after a meal continously then you're having problems. If not you'll be ok.

I don't think it's wise to do IF while running compounds that effect blood sugar unless you are monitoring it. If you guys want to run advanced compounds you have to monitor yourself. Don't just run compounds, don't eat, and think everything will be fine. That's not very smart.

Just keep monitoring it. If you're over 140 BG 2 hours after a meal continously then you're having problems. If not you'll be ok.

Well the blood was taken during an intermittent fast which is why I'm concerned. As you know, normal fasting BGL range is 72 to 108 mg/dL or 60 to 109mg/dL depending the source and I was at 116. Should I be concerned or is 7-8 points out of range a non issue? However, I do a re-feed every 7-9 days where I carb load for about 2 meals so thats why I say I'm on a keto-type diet. It's not 100% ketogenic. I use it to combat an autoimmunity issue and it has all but cured my condition.

I don't think it's wise to do IF while running compounds that effect blood sugar unless you are monitoring it. If you guys want to run advanced compounds you have to monitor yourself. Don't just run compounds, don't eat, and think everything will be fine. That's not very smart.
i definitely would not be doing if with mk677... i would switch this brother and im certain it will fix your issue

Well the blood was taken during an intermittent fast which is why I'm concerned. As you know, normal fasting BGL range is 72 to 108 mg/dL or 60 to 109mg/dL depending the source and I was at 116. Should I be concerned or is 7-8 points out of range a non issue? However, I do a re-feed every 7-9 days where I carb load for about 2 meals so thats why I say I'm on a keto-type diet. It's not 100% ketogenic. I use it to combat an autoimmunity issue and it has all but cured my condition.
That's something you're going to have to decide for yourself. I would be more concerned about BG recovery after a meal. A few points over during fasting isn't a big deal when you're running something this is known to increase BG.

That's something you're going to have to decide for yourself. I would be more concerned about BG recovery after a meal. A few points over during fasting isn't a big deal when you're running something this is known to increase BG.
i completely agree

Let me qualify my IF a bit more....My IF simply does not include any carbs/sugar at all until noon when I eat my first "real" meal. My IF is Bulletproof Coffee at ~7am, which contains about 800cals of fat (4Tbs butter, 4Tbs triglyceride oil). The only carbs I eat with my meals are in the form of low glycemic index (below 50) fruits and vegetables.

I know 99% of this community doesn't agree with these dietary methods but I have been doing this since 1/2012 with great success in all but eliminating the "asthma" I've had since birth. I used to be on Advair twice a day with albuterol rescue inhalers stashed all over creation. I'm 41 now and have been an Avid crossfitter since 8/2010 and have had zero issues with breathing since converting over to being a fat burner.

But back to the original topic...what do I need to do to pull this back in check and still be able to function within my current diet? I'm going to get a BCL tester tonight.

I got a tester and checked my fasting BGL this morning under the exact same conditions that produced the 116mg/dL and my results were 88mg/dL so I'm not sure what happened with the other test. I'll check them again 2 hours after I eat lunch.

BGL is good to monitor but having your A1C checked is a better indication of if you have issues. I have mine checked every 3 months along with my other lab work.

BGL is good to monitor but having your A1C checked is a better indication of if you have issues. I have mine checked every 3 months along with my other lab work.

Correct and my A1C was 5.6% (3.0-6.0 normal range) in the sample that threw the 116mg/dL BGL.

Top Bottom