napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Red meat

Slyder

So I eat pretty clean and lean. I know how to eat to get lean, and how to stay lean.
Now I am working on adding muscle. I eat mostly chicken, tuna, pork, turkey.
I?ve had some guys tell me eat more red meat. Once maybe even twice a week. Like steak or hambuger meat. They did say stay away from the fatty cuts.
Some say it stays in the system longer and you get more from it.
I occasionally eat red met but only once every couple weeks.
I beleive it takes longer for the body to process it.
I am just looking for opinions. Is this just bro science.
My goal is staying lean while adding muscle. I am eating in surplus.
Thanks in advance

If you're bulking red meat is excellent but if you're cutting chicken and fish would be a better choice.

everyone is different on how they do with certain food... i can tell you this... if you are cutting, red meat is far from ideal..

i eat it 1-2 times a week cutting or not, not the best for cutting but if i?m cutting i?ll eat a more lean cut

Absolutely u should be eating red meat at least once a week. I would stay away from pork as it?s prob the least healthy of meat choices. I feel like my body craves red meat if I don?t eat it but I can?t eat to much because I will feel sick.

Like most anything. You make habits so you stick with them. Then when you change goals you have to change habits.
Several years ago I wanted to get lean. So I set my goals. Reached it and have learned how to maintain that goal. Now my eating has become a habit. And I like it. Now I have adjusted my goals so I need to adjust my diet.
I like being lean and for past year really been trying to gain muscle. I added more carbs and some good fats into the meals. Upped my calories but my body still just burns through it.
I can?t say I?m liking all the carbs. I feel thicker but also a bit more fat. Not so much more muscle.
Pork is rare for me but occasionally a porch chop. Mostly chicken breast, tuna few meals a week. Occasional turkey burger. Then red meat once every couple weeks.
I?m gonna give it a go.
I would never turn down steak and potatoes!!
Thanks for the advise
Y?all stay strong.

I eat red meat religiously and never has caused me to be fat.

The fattier the cut the better. Animal fat is not your enemy.

Ask stevesmi

I eat red meat religiously and never has caused me to be fat.

The fattier the cut the better. Animal fat is not your enemy.

Ask stevesmi

yep. the healthiest parts of the animal are the organs, bone marrow, skin, and fat. when you get beef always get the highest fat you can find, the more fat the better.

the problem with meat is people eat processed meats, muscle part of the animal and they buy meat from animals that were given unnatural food. a cow should be eating grass, not processed soy/grain smothered in pesticides. i argue this point with paleo people who think a steak from walmart is paleo, well how can that be when the cow was fed things that did not even exist 30 years ago? how can you say something is paleo when the animal isn't eating what it is supposed to eat from nature lol? makes no sense! same thing goes for eggs, chicken, turkey, whatever. luckily plenty of options today with getting your meat from a local and ethical farmer who knows how to farm correctly, not a corporate farm

bone broth is very easy to make. if you eat a Tbone steak save that shit and throw it in the crockpot for 36 hours and now you got collagen and bone marrow which is the best thing in the world for your joints and soft tissues. people throw that away which is sad.

also how you cook your meat and how you prep that meat makes a difference. you go to a steak house and they smother it in hydrogenated oils and fry it as fast a possible to get you in and out to get a new patron in. it is horrible. you make it at home rub on some salt, pepper and unrefined coconut oil and slow cook that thing and you are g2g.

Last edited:
yep. the healthiest parts of the animal are the organs, bone marrow, skin, and fat. when you get beef always get the highest fat you can find, the more fat the better.

the problem with meat is people eat processed meats, muscle part of the animal and they buy meat from animals that were given unnatural food. a cow should be eating grass, not processed soy/grain smothered in pesticides. i argue this point with paleo people who think a steak from walmart is paleo, well how can that be when the cow was fed things that did not even exist 30 years ago? how can you say something is paleo when the animal isn't eating what it is supposed to eat from nature lol? makes no sense! same thing goes for eggs, chicken, turkey, whatever. luckily plenty of options today with getting your meat from a local and ethical farmer who knows how to farm correctly, not a corporate farm

bone broth is very easy to make. if you eat a Tbone steak save that shit and throw it in the crockpot for 36 hours and now you got collagen and bone marrow which is the best thing in the world for your joints and soft tissues. people throw that away which is sad.

also how you cook your meat and how you prep that meat makes a difference. you go to a steak house and they smother it in hydrogenated oils and fry it as fast a possible to get you in and out to get a new patron in. it is horrible. you make it at home rub on some salt, pepper and unrefined coconut oil and slow cook that thing and you are g2g.

Yea I have an instapot and I pressure cook my chicken, turkey, steak, and prime rib bones and make bone broth. Seal it tight in mason jars and use it or freeze it stuff is awesome plus if you need to make soup or even like a glaze or something for your meat it is awesome!

The funny thing is I will see people make bone broth and put it in the fridge then when re-using they will skim the coagulated stuff off the top and im like "Noooooo!"

Great info.
Every week I cook about 8 -9lbs of chicken breast. Typically 10 -12 breastI just put it a glass dish no cover Larry?s seasoning and pepper. 450 degree 18-20 minutes each side until 165 inside. Nice and juicy. Throw them in ziplock. Take two breast to work every day. Eat one by itself as snack and other one with brown rice and the other with brown rice and veggies for lunch. Couple avocados in the week. Usually have 2pkg oatmeal with 6 egg whites for breakfast.
Take a banana and an apple with three boiled eggs( only eat one of the yokes.
Might have a protein shake or bar in there also. Work out around 4-5pm have a protein shake with fast absorbing carbs as a post work out shake.
Once home after work and work out I might have a snack before or after dinner or sometimes both. Typical snack is 3 Carmel or chocolate Quaker rice cakes with pb fit and honey. Or Greek yogurt with blue berries, strawberries and honey.
That?s my Monday thru Friday and dinner varies. That?s where I can add in some red meat.It sounds boring but it is simple and fits my work. 2 years and still not bored with it. Meal prep for the week is simple

Last edited:
Great info.
Every week I cook about 8 -9lbs of chicken breast. Typically 10 -12 breastI just put it a glass dish no cover Larry?s seasoning and pepper. 450 degree 18-20 minutes each side until 165 inside. Nice and juicy. Throw them in ziplock. Take two breast to work every day. Eat one by itself as snack and other one with brown rice and the other with brown rice and veggies for lunch. Couple avocados in the week. Usually have 2pkg oatmeal with 6 egg whites for breakfast.
Take a banana and an apple with three boiled eggs( only eat one of the yokes.
Might have a protein shake or bar in there also. Work out around 4-5pm have a protein shake with fast absorbing carbs as a post work out shake
That?s my Monday thru Friday and dinner varies. That?s where I can add in some red meat.It sounds boring but it is simple and fits my work. 2 years and still not bored with it. Meal prep for the week is simple
nice bro, thanks for sharing....

I eat red meat no matter my goal usually 3 to 4 meals per week. Lately its been a lot of steak. Sometimes its hamburger. I don't get the real lean stuff. I prefer fat in my red meat, but my diet through the rest of the day makes up for it because it's pretty low fat. Red meat is great in moderation. I've been cutting this summer and as lean as I've been in years. Red meat is not your enemy. Balance is key

Great feed back from everyone. I hope this topic has helped other. It truly has helped me. I appreciate the replies

I eat red meat no matter my goal usually 3 to 4 meals per week. Lately its been a lot of steak. Sometimes its hamburger. I don't get the real lean stuff. I prefer fat in my red meat, but my diet through the rest of the day makes up for it because it's pretty low fat. Red meat is great in moderation. I've been cutting this summer and as lean as I've been in years. Red meat is not your enemy. Balance is key
exactly, balance is key.. its even hard for me to turn down a tenderloin or ribeye bro

Best cut i have had in a while is teres major. If you dont know what it is look it up and find it locally its reasonably priced and I like it more than beef tenderloin or filet mignon.

Top Bottom