napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Internet, a dangerous double-edged sword

Pete54

Call me old school by I am appalled by the amount of ignorance and terrible advice you find on the web these days. There are dozens of so called “experts”, some who don’t even work out, who post videos pretty much daily, with topics that range from exercise routines, diets, and stuff like “how to spot a guy doing steroids”, or “know per sure” someone is juicing.
For these idiots, it’s a given that if someone has large traps and nice, round shoulders but smaller calves it’s a sign of steroid use. They give zero consideration to the genetical predisposition that some individuals have to develop some muscle groups faster than others.
It seems, at least to me, that teenagers are trying to develop the so called “Kino” bodies. They become, from day one, obsessed with calorie counts, and “cutting”, to be beach ready 24/7. They focus on upper body muscles, neglecting legs and calves. No wonder there are sweat pants designed specifically for people with chicken legs on Amazon.
A couple weeks ago we had dinner at our house and my son invited a friend of his, who has become obsessed with neo muscle development theories. We sat together and had a long chat about muscle development, diets, exercise routines etc. He asked me a bunch of question that I tried to answer in an honest but polite way. I asked him why he did weights and what his goals were, questions that made him hesitate a bit. The kid is 17 years old, about 5’4”, and about 155lbs. He looks stocky and has been following some “Kino routines” and diets for a while.
He told me he wanted to get big and to gain muscle, I asked how much muscle and in what period. He said 25lbs but didn’t give me a time frame. I told him the best thing he could do would be to stop counting calories, start going to the gym and doing squats and deadlifts, besides all the Kino stuff and start eating smaller but balanced meals 4 times a day, snacking on nuts and fruit in between.
He asked me about cutting and I told him that he needed to build muscle first in order to cut body fat, so that it wouldn’t be a bad idea to relax and give his body a full year to grow, that he -in my opinion- would look great (and probably wouldn’t need to cut at all….).
I’m not sure if the kid will follow my advice, but he seems to be quite desperate to grow. Two months ago, he convinced his dad to take him to the Dr. to run bloodwork since because he though his test levels were low, which was obviously not the case. I am just hoping he doesn’t try to “fast-track” his development buying crap from a roid school or street dealer in order to put 25lbs of lean muscle on…

Defiantly seeing this alot . Heaps of young guys at my gym mostly doing isolation exercises all day , high reps , high sets . Hardly any of them are doing any compound movements these days and there all obsessed about abs etc . I know on leg day I can get ALL the equipment to myself. I must admit when I was younger I followed bro splits for years with little results . it wasent until I started training each muscle group twice a week, training with heavy weights and low reps especially on compound lifts and eat like a horse did I start to grow . Im 40 now and in better shape then I have ever been. Too much youtube watching there fitness star doing all these isolation movements cut to the bone telling you how to look like them....

its everywhere, its prevalent and yet these clowns get away with it daily... not to worry, as i said, i have my OWN network starting next week... you dont have to sift through bull shit, you dont have to worry about it getting taken down, etc... you can KNOW that you are getting the very best info without any other bull shit... its a one stop shop of nothing but an encyclopedia of the very best info you can find

The squat racks at my gym are usually taken by skinny teenagers doing biceps, incline bench presses with 2.5lb plates on each side, and other stupid stuff, grunting like crazies while wearing huge expensive headphones twice the size of their heads. Amazon chicken leg sweat pants and $200+flashy runners are the norm. I can't help looking and smirking at them while I wait -for them- to finish they isolation Kino routines. Funny thing is that the teenager chicks these nerds are probably trying to "impress", in vain, are way more serious about working out, paying close attention to proper form and sticking to "conventional routines", rather than "contortionist dumbbell swings", Mr. Bean style, or many other "innovations" the macho dudes do. I have dozens of gym anecdotes I would like to share to lighten things up while Dylan sorts things out and get his wealth of knowledge back on line.

Cheers

Pete

Exactly why I’m on this board and not any others. Safe protocols, genuine advice, good dudes. I recommend personal friends to this board with all confidence. It’s quite interesting seeing certain threads on other boards and how they go about cycling.

Laughed when I read this... So true!

I see more women at my gym doing squats (and really good squats at that) than men.

No joke, women can squat. They are just built for it vs. tall dudes in terms of form. Deep squats all day like they are just sitting down.

Top Bottom