napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Protein intake on testosterone

jamesdaniels

Hey guys,

So I had decent results (i think) on my last cycle of 12 weeks test 500mg p/week. The scale went up about 12-15 pounds, not sure how much was muscle and how much was fat though. I trained hard but only ate generally around 1 gram protein per pound of bodyweight as I have bad indigestion problems with protein powder and struggled with appetite. Looking back I am worried I might have jeopardised my results by not eating more protein, as some people say you should be having 2 grams protein per pound of body weight on cycle.

My question is:

Did 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (around 180grams protein per day) give me suboptimal results? Bearing in mind I had a surplus of around 500 calories per day.

Standard recommendation natty is usually 1.5g, so 2-2.5 would seem feasible. I dont count cals, I don't count shit. I eat proportioned meals and try to keep them at 60/20/20 ratio protein/carbs/fats. I eat a lot though as long as I don't get caught up doing shit.

1-1.5g per pound of bodyweight is where you should be. Anything more than that is just going to put undue strain on your kidneys and convert to glucose. Your body can't process that much protein bro. You also need to make sure your other macros are sufficient

Actually. I don't think it's too strainful on kidneys in healthy people.
It is also important to note that high-protein diets are harmful to CKD patients; however, for healthy kidney patients, in view of the findings of several studies, the consumption of a high-protein diet appears to be more advantageous than deleterious
This is just one study that suggest the advantages vs cons.
Link : http://m.advances.nutrition.org/content/6/3/260.full

i always keep mine at 1.5-2 grams per pound of body weight but honestly, i have seen people go higher and are just fine... i generally dont go over 2...

As you can see there are a lot of different opinions on protein intake. You'll just have to take those opinions and form your own based on it. I will say you defnitely don't want to have your protein fall shorter than it should be, and you never want to be below a gram per pound of bodyweight

I keep mine around 1g per pound of body weight and have progressed just as much as I did with 1.5-2...

Will never eat that much protein again because:

Digestion was shit
Expensive as hell
Had to sacrifice either fats or carbs to make my cals fit
Stuck eating bs chicken and lean meat in order to hit those numbers (now I eat red meat and salmon daily)
Now I don't have to ever have protein shakes and now that I know they all lie about what they put in them.. I feel much better

I eat roughly .8 to 1 gram of protein per a lb of body weight. I have been at 2 grams per lb, and have not noticed a difference in gains made or not made. I have found as long as i eat well balanced meals and whole foods. My body composition will respond favorably.

Top Bottom