napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

sleep aid?

I've used it a lot as a sleep aid and it doesn't even work anymore, but on a good note, my sinuses have never been clearer. lol

I had the worst problem sleeping about a month ago and it had been going on for three months. It was really killing me. I tried everything I could think of including prescription sleeping medication. Guess what? It didn't work. I actually took the suggestion from someone on here, after they told me about 500 times, to try melatonin. I figured it would never work since it's just a natural compound and even the hard prescriptions weren't working for me. It actually did work though. I took 10mg about 20 minutes before I wanted to sleep and it really just made me fall asleep naturally. I love the stuff. You should try it, before you have to be told 500 times that it works. lol

cmb5017 said:
stets said:
Is benadryl safe to take to help with sleep?

Every now and then? Yes
consistantly? Absolutely not.

I like melatonin 10mg..works good

Whats your opinion on consistently taking melatonin ? Ive been taking melatonin for sleep at night as well,

Angelo said:
cmb5017 said:
stets said:

Every now and then? Yes

Whats your opinion on consistently taking melatonin ? Ive been taking melatonin for sleep at night as well,

My dr. said it was perfectly safe to continue taking. At least it's safer than Ambian or something like that.

sweetnspicy said:
Angelo said:
cmb5017 said:
stets said:

Every now and then? Yes

My dr. said it was perfectly safe to continue taking. At least it's safer than Ambian or something like that.

Thats good to hear because melatonin actually does work , at least for me it does. And them script sleep aids are the worse. Theyre addictive, they make u hallucinate and people actually die from those all the time. Once people start growing tolerances on the script sleep meds, they tend to take more to compensate, which leads to MAJOR problems and complications.

Yea melatonin should be safe for long time use. However I would use as needed instead if popping one every night because sooner or later your body will build a tolerance im sure

cmb5017 said:
Yea melatonin should be safe for long time use. However I would use as needed instead if popping one every night because sooner or later your body will build a tolerance im sure

^^ agreed, all in moderation and only as needed. thats a good concept for any substance we use,

I've heard that continually using melatonin over years can slowly cut your production of releasing melatonin. So when you get older, the natural production of melatonin would be so limited. Any thought on it being true? My mom heard it from a friend who got that info from her doctor.

stets said:

Benadry is safe, and you cannot od on them. Takes a lot to kill you. I have known people to take 6 at a time. Problem is just like anything else...you become immune to them. Same with ambien, xanax, heroin, vicodin, clen etc. Melatoin is good but after long everday use it stops working. The people who make EmergenC also make EmergenZ, which has meatonin plus other things. My wife likes it. What I do is work from 6am-6pm, take lots of breaks and drink lots of water and I am asleep before the light goes out.
Another thing about benedryl and lifters, is that in heavily muscled people it can cause the night time restless leg syndrome.
The best way to sleep is to turn a fan on and let it happen on its own. Your body will take what it needs. L-trytophan used to be very popular, but I don't hear of it much anymore

melatonin and valerian are both safe and beneficial but even those will lose effect over time if you don't take a break at least a few weeks every 12-16 or so... you never want your body to completely acclimate... perhaps alternate them...

Since it wasn't mentioned, raw honey is also a good sleep aid believe it or not.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TX TERROR said:
Since it wasn't mentioned, raw honey is also a good sleep aid believe it or not.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

yes this is definitely a good one.. reading really helps a lot... there are night time teas that work , warm milk works, etc... these all will help...

The main thing is to not be dependent on sleep aids, don't use them too often, and only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise you build up a big tolerance to them and they don't work anyways.

You should always look into correcting whatever issue is causing you sleep issues in the first place and address that whenever possible.

For me, on rare occasions a little melatonin does the job, when I have issues, but honestly at most I use it maybe 2-3 different days a month. Usually when coming off of a weekend that I had screwed up sleeping hours, and trying to adjust myself back to waking up to 4AM for the work week

Another trick i use is actually and app off my cell phone called sleep genius, i turn it on and set it for a few hours and it does help. at least alot more so than dead silence or running the tv all night. again, only stating what works for me. but its a free app, so i advise to try it see if that helps anyone

Angelo said:
Another trick i use is actually and app off my cell phone called sleep genius, i turn it on and set it for a few hours and it does help. at least alot more so than dead silence or running the tv all night. again, only stating what works for me. but its a free app, so i advise to try it see if that helps anyone

Hey bro. Only sleep genius I found for iOS was like $5. I'll have to dig a little deeper or see if I can find it on my google tablet (android). Interested to see what it is. I usually have a fan going. But other options might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelo said:

Holy shit man! Do they have an app for everything nowadays? LOL

What exactly does the app do? What,ind of sound does it make?

Saiyan said:
Angelo said:

Hey bro. Only sleep genius I found for iOS was like $5. I'll have to dig a little deeper or see if I can find it on my google tablet (android). Interested to see what it is. I usually have a fan going. But other options might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it plays soothing melodies that help you go to sleep, .. i downloaded it from google store for android

RickRock said:
Angelo said:

Holy shit man! Do they have an app for everything nowadays? LOL

What exactly does the app do? What,ind of sound does it make?

Haha for reals, shits crazy ! its plays sounds that im assuming they determined to aid with sleep and relaxation,. i only have one song loop because thats all they give for free, the rest is for purchase. its called SERENITY and plays atomshperic melodies with guitar, piano and water..

Top Bottom