napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

GW-501516 killing lifts?

Endura95

Hey guys, recently doing some research on cardarine(gw) and saw its benefits for aerobic/cardio work, in its ability to shift the body's fuel source to mainly fat, but my question is would this lead to a deacrease in anerobic preformance, specifically for lifting and exercies like push ups/sit ups (military dude here so these are a big focus) has anyone who's taken this noticed that they perform worse in that aspect? Since the body went be using glycogen? Sny info would be great! Thanks guys

why would you believe that? it would only enhance w/e physical activity u're doing by boosting your cardio endurance. it will allow you to take shorter breaks between sets and it's non catabolic...

what??? what?? its basically the ultimate performance enhancer out there... i have no clue where you are coming up with that but it increases your overall performance to the highest extent.. you are going to see huge increases in muscular endurance, require far less rest and have a far quicker recovery...

I was reading somewhere that, since it switches your body's preference for fuel to fats as opposed to carbs, and also changes type 2 muscle fibers to type 1

Quick answer, your body will still use it's glycogen stores for quick ATP, but GW allows your body to mobilize fat quicker for ATP as well. So no, it shouldn't lower your performance.

Just like your body uses fat more when walking, but as you increase intensity it is still using a similar amount of fat for ATP but since ATP requirements go up it will begin to tap more and more into muscle glycogen. GW will just turn up how much fat can be used for ATP before it taps heavily into the muslce glycogen.

I've been on a cycle of just cardinine for about a week, I've had a couple lifts where I felt week, in not sure if that's due to really killing it on Monday so I'm not sure if I notice a difference, I'm gonna re evaluate on Monday after resting over the weekend, but I've seen a couple logs as well where guys have said to experiance, strength loss, so I just wanted to know if you guys had similar or opposite experiences

Quick answer, your body will still use it's glycogen stores for quick ATP, but GW allows your body to mobilize fat quicker for ATP as well. So no, it shouldn't lower your performance.

Just like your body uses fat more when walking, but as you increase intensity it is still using a similar amount of fat for ATP but since ATP requirements go up it will begin to tap more and more into muscle glycogen. GW will just turn up how much fat can be used for ATP before it taps heavily into the muslce glycogen.

Would this mean that explosive exercises that are most beneficial with muscle glycogen wouldn't be as effect or the same? From a science standpoint? Thanks

Would this mean that explosive exercises that are most beneficial with muscle glycogen wouldn't be as effect or the same? From a science standpoint? Thanks

In theory the lower reps higher intensity would benefit less than the higher reps, but they would still benefit. Especially with the rest between sets bringing energy levels back up.

I've run GW on a low rep (2-5) powerlifting scheme and felt it helped for more overall volume. I'm not sure it helped me get more in a given set, but I felt it let me attack the following sets with more energy.

For a military setting with pushups/situps as you mentioned, you should see a benefit.

In theory the lower reps higher intensity would benefit less than the higher reps, but they would still benefit. Especially with the rest between sets bringing energy levels back up.

I've run GW on a low rep (2-5) powerlifting scheme and felt it helped for more overall volume. I'm not sure it helped me get more in a given set, but I felt it let me attack the following sets with more energy.

For a military setting with pushups/situps as you mentioned, you should see a benefit.

Great to hear, yeah I was mainly concerned with high reps than weight that's why I was debating on continuing use or not

I've been on a cycle of just cardinine for about a week, I've had a couple lifts where I felt week, in not sure if that's due to really killing it on Monday so I'm not sure if I notice a difference, I'm gonna re evaluate on Monday after resting over the weekend, but I've seen a couple logs as well where guys have said to experiance, strength loss, so I just wanted to know if you guys had similar or opposite experiences

Ive never even heard of or seen anyone expereince strength loss on GW, assuming it's legit. If you have bunk stuff or so,etching else entirely then that could be an issue. Also obviously there are things that affect performance like diet, sleep, training style, recovery etc..

GW typically only enhances lifts

I tried a cycle of GW (can't remember which brand) while prepping for a military fitness test a couple years ago. Didn't experience any noticeable results. Took the recommended dosage. I don't know what else to say. Now, it could have been the brand I don't know. I'm just saying that it didn't work for me. I did pass my PFT, but I would have anyway … wasn't worried about that. Was hoping to drastically cut my run time … which I did but not by much and that can be attributed to the training I did.

I probably didn't help much with this post. Just felt like sharing my experience. I'll go back and see if I can find what brand I used. Stay tuned …

Ok. So I browsed some suppliers hoping to find something that looked familiar but I didn't. If I remember correctly, it was a blue bottle with a white label but I'm not positive.

Last edited:
I tried a cycle of GW (can't remember which brand) while prepping for a military fitness test a couple years ago. Didn't experience any noticeable results. Took the recommended dosage. I don't know what else to say. Now, it could have been the brand I don't know. I'm just saying that it didn't work for me. I did pass my PFT, but I would have anyway … wasn't worried about that. Was hoping to drastically cut my run time … which I did but not by much and that can be attributed to the training I did.

I probably didn't help much with this post. Just felt like sharing my experience. I'll go back and see if I can find what brand I used. Stay tuned …

Ok. So I browsed some suppliers hoping to find something that looked familiar but I didn't. If I remember correctly, it was a blue bottle with a white label but I'm not positive.

If you were on real GW youd defnitely have known it. It's affect on performance is undeniable

sounds like a really high chance you didnt have real sarms there man...

I got them from proven peptides, I think it could be that I trained really hard and wasnt able eat as much as I'd like so maybe that plus only get at most 6 hours a night of sleep could have had a hindrance

And I admit that may be true. But I don't know which ones are real or not. And I'm not going to spend dollar after dollar trying to find out.

Top Bottom