napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Basic diet questions

kingdomcome

Need a few tips for dieting....(if it makes a difference, I am running GW and Ostarine)

Protein: ROUGHLY How much protein can the body absorb at one time and make use of?

Carbs: I get carb cravings in the morning and night, but not in the afternoon. Can I consume all my carbs during my first and last meal of the day, and my protein and fats during 4 meals in between, and not hinder results?

Potassium: Potassium is said to help with water retention. How must I time my potassium intake? Do I need constant, frequent servings (e.g. 6 times a day) to keep the water off? And does every meal have to pair up Potassium and sodium?

Sodium: If I am consuming optimal amounts of Potassium (around 4 grams?) how much salt can I safely get away with consuming without increasing water retention?

True. let me ask this instead then.

How much protein do YOU consume at most per meal?
Does carbs-per-meal make much of a difference, or only the TOTAL daily carbs?

True. let me ask this instead then.

How much protein do YOU consume at most per meal?
Does carbs-per-meal make much of a difference, or only the TOTAL daily carbs?

Going to get different opinions on something like this. IMO it depends based on how long ago your last meal was(how starved your muscles are for protein) and what you're eating for a meal; a quick digesting liquid whey protein will be vastly different than a large slow digesting steak that's buffered with fiber/fat in the meal.

I generally agree with this diagram, you can definitely pick it apart but the general order of relative importance:

article-2rp.jpg

Need a few tips for dieting....(if it makes a difference, I am running GW and Ostarine)

Protein: ROUGHLY How much protein can the body absorb at one time and make use of?

Carbs: I get carb cravings in the morning and night, but not in the afternoon. Can I consume all my carbs during my first and last meal of the day, and my protein and fats during 4 meals in between, and not hinder results?

Potassium: Potassium is said to help with water retention. How must I time my potassium intake? Do I need constant, frequent servings (e.g. 6 times a day) to keep the water off? And does every meal have to pair up Potassium and sodium?

Sodium: If I am consuming optimal amounts of Potassium (around 4 grams?) how much salt can I safely get away with consuming without increasing water retention?

Of course nutrition makes a difference when running GW and MK2866. Proper nutrition will be the MOST important factor when determining the results you get.

Your nutrition needs to match your goal. What is your goal? Fat loss, build muscle or recomp?

BASIC NUTRITION IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:

1.) Calories In VS. Calories Out
2.) Macro Nutrient Split (where these calories are coming from) - I usually set protein 1-1.5g per lb. of bodyweight, Fats between 50g-65g and fill the rest in with carbs.
3.) Food selection - Lean Meats, Clean Complex Carbs and Healthy Fats
4.) Consistency

Nutrient timing is important, but not near as important as #'s 1-4 above. Ideally, you want to space your calories out between 5-6 meals. Is it ok to eat all your carbs in the first and last meal, sure as along as you are adhering to rules 1-4. Is it ideal to do this, no probably not.

Top Bottom