napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ironlifter36's 12 Week Transformation Log

Friday 4/21/2017 Update.

Weight: 178lbs
Skin Folds: Stomach 8mm, Chest 5mm, Leg's 5mm

Weight has increased another 1lb, while skin folds holding steady. Will post up a quick view of last nights and this mornings work out. Headed out of town today so had to modify routine this week since these workouts fell back to back, 12 hours apart.

Thursday PM - Chest, Triceps & Ab's - Kept weight around 70% of 1Rep Max; Rest Intervals 90sec Compounds, 60 sec. isolations

DB Flat Bench - 4 sets of 10 reps
DB Incline Press - 4 Sets of 10 reps
Weighted Chest Dips -4 sets of 8 reps
Incline DB Fly - 3 Sets of 12 reps
Pec Dec Fly - 3 Sets of 12 reps
EZ Bar Skull Crusher - 4 Sets of 8-10 Reps
DB OH Tricep Ext - 3 Sets of 10 Reps
Single Arm Cable Pushdown - 3 Sets of 12 Reps

Abs - 90lb Weighted Planks - 3 Sets of 1 Min; Hanging Leg Raises- 3 Sets of 12; Hanging V-Ups - 3 Sets of 10

Friday AM Back & Biceps

Rack Pulls - Heavy Working Sets - 3 Sets of 10 Reps
BB Rows - 4 Sets of 10 Reps
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldown - 3 Sets of 10 Reps
Single Arm Cable Row - 3 Sets of 10 Reps
Single Arm Lat Pulldown - 3 Sets of 10 Reps
EZ Bar Preacher Curl - 3 Sets of 8-9 Reps
DB Hammer Curls - 3 Sets of 12 Reps
Alt. DB Curl - 3 Sets of 10-15 Reps

Monday 4/24/2017 Update:

Weight: 178.5lbs
Skin Folds: Stomach 8mm; Chest 6mm; Leg's 5mm
Nutrition: 2900 Non-Workout Days; 3100 Workout Days

Weight has increased 1.5lbs this last week, skin folds have stayed about the same at 19mm total for all 3 points. Don't feel as though I am holding extra water, but am drawing bloods this week to make sure numbers are in check. Since weight is increasing, I see no reason to further increase calories at this point, however comments, advise or feedback welcomed as always.

Went on a retreat / kind of camping trip with my fiancé this past weekend. Planned ahead, prepped 3lbs of grilled chicken, baked sweet potatoes and took plenty of oatmeal and fresh veggies. I was hesitant about breaking out the scale while I was there, but turned out there were about 10 other fitness minded people who had theirs out so I was not alone. I stayed within my target calorie range while still enjoying one dessert each day.

Will be heading to the gym tonight to do shoulders, traps and ab's. Also, need to grab some photos since this transformation will be over Wed.

Monday 4/24/2017 Update:

Nutrition: 2900 Non-Workout Days; 3100 Workout Days

Weight has increased 1.5lbs this last week, skin folds have stayed about the same at 19mm total for all 3 points. Don't feel as though I am holding extra water, but am drawing bloods this week to make sure numbers are in check. Since weight is increasing, I see no reason to further increase calories at this point, however comments, advise or feedback welcomed as always.

Went on a retreat / kind of camping trip with my fiancé this past weekend. Planned ahead, prepped 3lbs of grilled chicken, baked sweet potatoes and took plenty of oatmeal and fresh veggies. I was hesitant about breaking out the scale while I was there, but turned out there were about 10 other fitness minded people who had theirs out so I was not alone. I stayed within my target calorie range while still enjoying one dessert each day.

Will be heading to the gym tonight to do shoulders, traps and ab's. Also, need to grab some photos since this transformation will be over Wed.

How bout these apples..... page 1 ....... End up at 179lbs, 9% Body Fat and with 162 LBM. You got .08 oz to go. Wow.

Sounds like you got the calories dialed in for a nice lean bulk. We're at the exact same weight right now.

Thanks Red. Seems as though my weight gain here in the last 2 weeks has been disproportionate to my surplus. I am not complaining at all, however don't think a 200-300 calories surplus will add 1-1.5lbs per week. Pulled bloods an hour ago.

Monday 4/24/2017 Update:

Nutrition: 2900 Non-Workout Days; 3100 Workout Day

Glad to hear. Looks like your goal turned out to be a good plan, & is working for you. Also looks like the weight & calorie uptake is proportionately just fine to me.

Thanks Red. Seems as though my weight gain here in the last 2 weeks has been disproportionate to my surplus. I am not complaining at all, however don't think a 200-300 calories surplus will add 1-1.5lbs per week. Pulled bloods an hour ago.

Interested in seeing where your prl is at!! Are you going to post bloodwork?

Tuesday 4/25/2017 - End of 12 Week Transformation:

Starting Stats:
37 y/o
5’10
177lbs
Skin Fold Measurements: 7mm Stomach; 8mm Chest; 7mm Leg Total=22mm

Current Stats:
37 y/o
5’10
178.5lbs
Skin Fold Measurements: 8mm Stomach; 6mm Chest; 5mm Leg Total=19mm

12 Week Recap

The 12 week transformation contest fell during a transitional period for me. I was about to do a mini cut, reverse diet back to maintenance before transitioning into a lean bulk. Here is a recap of the 12 week period.

Weeks 1-3 Mini-Cut

Supplementation – TRT 150mg Test Cyp.

Results of mini cut:
Dropped 6 lbs. down to 171LBS
Skin Folds Decreased a total of 6mm
New Skin Fold Measurements - 6mm Stomach, 5mm Chest, 5mm Leg Total=16mm

Weeks 4-6 Reverse Diet to Maintenance

Results during reverse diet:
Weight increased 2lbs to 173lbs ****due to glycogen refill probably/water***
Skin Folds stayed the same
Skin Fold Measurements - 6mm Stomach, 5mm Chest, 5mm Leg Total=16mm

Weeks 7-8 – Maintenance

Results during maintenance:
Weight Increased 1lb to 174lbs
Skin Folds increased 1-2mm
New Skin Fold Measurements - 7mm-8mm Stomach, 5mm Chest, 5mm Leg Total=17mm-18mm

Weeks 9 -12 – Lean Bulk

Supplementation – Test Cyp. 350mg / Deca. 200mg + AI and Caber **Decided not run an Oral Kick Start

Results during 1st 4 weeks of lean bulk:
Weight Increased 4.5lbs to 178.5lbs
Skin Folds increased 1-2mm
New Skin Fold Measurements -8mm Stomach, 6mm Chest, 5mm Leg Total=19mm

12 Week Results: 1.5lb increase with a 3mm decrease in skin fold

20170426_082043.jpg
20170426_082053.jpg
20170426_082132.jpg
Uploaded new photos per the thread, but the lighting is horrible. Will try to take better ones by Thursday if I have the time.

I feel I have a lot of work to do. My arms, shoulders and back need some work. I have spent the majority of the last 2 years in a deficit or at maintenance and feel some time in a surplus is needed to add the mass I am after.

I wanted to thank Big B, the Sponsors and everyone else involved in putting this 12 week transformation together. My primary goal during this contest was to get out in the community and meet some of the other members. I feel that goal was definitely achieved. Much thanks and appreciation to the other contenders of the contest. RedM, CC, Vidhal, svanimost, MissBizz and NM, I feel all of you did a great job and I feel I learned something from each and every one of you.

Attachments

• 20170417_192343.jpg
    20170417_192343.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20170417_192350.jpg
    20170417_192350.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Nice work Iron, it's been a pleasure participating in this contest with you. Have learned from bouncing ideas and reading your log, thanks! I do feel the same way about being in a long term cut/maint and am ready to put on some thickness! Although I do want to shed some more fat but that can wait a little longer.

Is the last day of contest Wednesday?

Yes, last day is Wednesday. Figured I would post up my final log for this transformation today since I doubt any big changes are going to occur in the next 24 hours! Plus, I have a very busy day tomorrow and not sure I will have time.

Nice work Iron, it's been a pleasure participating in this contest with you. Have learned from bouncing ideas and reading your log, thanks! I do feel the same way about being in a long term cut/maint and am ready to put on some thickness! Although I do want to shed some more fat but that can wait a little longer.

Thanks Red, I have enjoyed meeting, sharing and learning from you as well. We seem to have similar thoughts/ideas regarding nutrition and lifting. We also seem to be in similar spots along our fitness journey. Look forward to continued chats ect. in the future.

Top Bottom