napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Share your skin care routines on cycle

chelades

And off, I suppose.

At the risk of sounding too metro, I still know most of us are vainer than we'd care to admit, or at least have a certain degree of pride in the way we look. SO, how do you keep your skin looking its best and fight hormonal acne?

Heavy androgenic compounds have often done me detrimentally as far as skin goes, and none more worse than Tren it seems.

At the moment I'm keeping Tren bacne at bay - only just - by tanning and using tea tree oil body washes to dry it out. Changing towels every two nights, two showers a day and bed sheets every 5 days. But I need to do more.

What works best for you gents and ladies? How do you take care of your skin?

I've had bad acne since a teenager, only on my face really though. I get the occassional back/chest pimple but that doesn't really bother me. The only thing that has worked for me is Clindamycin Phosphate and Benzoyl Peroxide gel 1%/5%. It's doctor prescribed and applied to my face twice a day, once in the morning after I shower and once at night before bed. I have also applied it to random pimples I've gotten on my chest/back and it has helped. The only problem with it is that if you sweat it will get on your clothes and bleach them out around the collar.

I use two towels, one morning, one post workout or before bed. I only use one side of a towel each time, each towel get used 4 times.

If I'm broken out I use benzoyl peroxide in the morning, but I sometimes skip some mornings. I always moisturize after the morning shower and before tanning. I use a salicyclic acid wash at night.

I try to make sure I shower immediately after workout if I have any significant amount of sweat, which is most times. I also change my sheets once a week, I could probably get away with less since I'm usually pretty clean from a recent shower before going to bed.

Good vid Dylan, just watched now! Going to get antibiotics this week.

I use two towels, one morning, one post workout or before bed. I only use one side of a towel each time, each towel get used 4 times.

If I'm broken out I use benzoyl peroxide in the morning, but I sometimes skip some mornings. I always moisturize after the morning shower and before tanning. I use a salicyclic acid wash at night.

I try to make sure I shower immediately after workout if I have any significant amount of sweat, which is most times. I also change my sheets once a week, I could probably get away with less since I'm usually pretty clean from a recent shower before going to bed.

Does the benzyl make you photosensitive to the sun too like AHA?

Shower 2x a day, soap, hot water and finish shower with cooler temp water to close pores prior to exiting shower to prevent crap from getting 'inside' my pores afterwards. I take longer showers too. Like 20 minutes minimum.

Shower 2x a day, soap, hot water and finish shower with cooler temp water to close pores prior to exiting shower to prevent crap from getting 'inside' my pores afterwards. I take longer showers too. Like 20 minutes minimum.

……...Pics?

I haven't had a problem, I'm aware of it though. I'm pretty light on the benz when I use it and I often skip some mornings. Maybe I was more photosensitive and didn't realize it, but I didn't turn pink/red from tanning.

I currently use retin-a on my face every night. Not the prescription strength. It's supposed to cause photosensitivity as well, not noticing any issue thankfully tho.

Fixed this issue! Glycolic acid wash cleanser (not the scrub, too harsh) EVERY DAY, with a serum cream (not a heavy facial moisturiser) and Hempz moisturiser for the body, EVERY DAY too.

After 29 years finally found the regimen that works with my skin! FWIW tanning has also improved skin tone, but had little effect on any acne or skin 'appearance' if you will. Helped a bit, but not huge.

I also did the LED light therapies for some existing scars and bacterias supposedly causing acne etc. What a horrendous waste of money. Didn't do a damned thing.

Another thing causing acne for me, strangely enough, was Arimidex. Switched to Aromasin and g2g. Any time I tried just a little bit of Arim again - boom - acne. Regardless of where E2 was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom